- Looking for a career opportunity in the legal profession?
- Looking to develop your knowledge and skills working closely with experienced solicitors?
- Motivated with a strong sense of ethics?
- A strong, clear communicator both over the phone and in writing?
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail and good time management skills to match?
- A person with exceptional computer skills?
If you are all of this, we would like to hear from you!
What your day will look like
Reporting directly to the Solicitor Director and/or Senior Associate, and working closely with a busy team of solicitors and paralegals.
Your duties will include:
- Actioning a portfolio of accounts
- Drafting Court documents and related correspondence in Victoria and New South Wales
- Liaising with barristers, solicitors, external agents and clients as required
- Supervising and assisting other paralegals employed by the business
- Answering and responding to telephone enquiries and emails
- Prioritising your work to meet legal requirements and to maximise legal recoveries
Hours of work
This is a full time role where the standard hours of work for this position are 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a paralegal in debt recovery and litigation
- Experience with supervising staff
- Experience with meeting budgets and deadlines
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload
- Ability to work autonomously
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
Why work for CLH Lawyers?
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to commence or continue a career in the legal profession. The role is hands on and fast paced, allowing you the opportunity to grow your career within a dynamic yet supportive environment. The role offers a base salary plus a monthly bonus upon successful completion of probation.
We offer our employees a first class working environment including:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Career development
- Monthly performance incentives upon successful completion of probation and achieving set KPI’s.
- Corporate benefits including - discounted gym memberships and corporate health care benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career in the legal profession and learn new skill, this is the role for you!
Please Note - We will be accepting applications until Close of Business on Wednesday 16 October.
CLH Lawyers is a specialist debt recovery and insolvency practice. The firm services all major debt recovery areas including Government, banking and finance, utilities, personal insolvency (bankruptcy), corporate insolvency (winding ups) and insolvency management (Part IX and Part X administrations).
Please Note: You must be a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia to be considered for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
This position is not suitable for admitted solicitors, law graduates or inexperienced paralegals.