Our Dispute Resolution team is responsible for managing and resolving Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) and External Dispute Resolution (EDR) complaints across the Collection House Group to an exceptional standard.
Reporting to the Customer Advocacy & Engagement Lead, your role will see you working closely with customers, their representatives and the ombudsman to investigate and resolve complaints that primarily relate to financial services, telecommunications and utility services in a collections environment.
You will work with internal and external key stakeholders to source information and provide complaint responses in agreed timeframes using alternate dispute resolution methodologies and you will provide regular reporting on complaint outcomes as required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and maintain a caseload with competing priorities;
- Investigate and respond to complaints and disputes within required timeframes;
- Perform administrative tasks such as handling inbound/outbound emails combined with compiling and reviewing supporting documentation;
- Handling phone calls to and from customers, their representatives and other stakeholders;
- Execute strategies and actions that are designed to keep External Dispute Resolution costs to a minimum;
- Recording matters appropriately to meet compliance and analysis obligations;
- Review accounts and determine the best course of action for the Customer and the Company;
- Work with Management to coordinate projects and activities;
- Identify and escalate emerging issues, trends or potential risks;
- Provide support and guidance to internal and external stakeholders;
- Liaise with other teams within the Customer Advocacy area such as Customer Assist and Quality Assurance
Hours of work
Position 1: Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 4:00pm, Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (38 Hour Week)
Position 2: Tuesday to Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm, Saturday 8:00am – 12:00pm (38 Hour Week)
A degree of flexibility will be required depending on business requirements.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally
- Complaints resolution experience
- Banking, Telecommunications, or Utility experience
- Solid understanding of regulatory guidelines
- Ability to interpret legislation
- Experience working with an EDR scheme such as FOS, CIO, TIO or AFCA
Why work for Collection House?
Collection House Limited is one of Australia's leading receivables management organisations offering comprehensive receivables management solutions to corporate and government clients throughout Australasia. We focus on providing brand protection for our stakeholders by maintaining the highest ethical standards and a strong culture of compliance with the laws and regulations governing our business.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading receivables management organisation where you will be part of a growing and successful organisation.
We offer our employees a first class working environment where job satisfaction, learning and development and career advancement opportunities are a top priority. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a challenging, diverse and fulfilling role with an attractive remuneration package that will be commensurate with experience. Some of our corporate benefits include corporate health care benefits, discounted gym memberships and quarterly reward & recognition nights.and participation in an employee share scheme.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career and learn new skills with an industry leader, this is the role for you!
Please Note: You must be a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Australia to be considered for this role. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.